Colonialism & Fairtrade
Enter studio spaces and shops, meet the owners, and learn about their craft. Visit the Cacaomuseum and taste samples of the best single-origin chocolate the world has to offer. Hear the personal stories of how this area changed from a no-go to upcoming favorite of the East. This tour will change the way you eat, the way you do souvenir shopping, and the way you see the world.
Meet the inspiring people & places of the East:
- From Bean to Bar at the Cacao Museum
- Taste Kaffa Coffee, Ethiopian Fair Trade Coffee
- Visit a beautifully curated boutique, gallery, and studio
- Meet Laura from Not-Just-a-Gift, a woman that has been in the neighborhood for more than 50 years.
- Cacao tasting at the Cacao Museum to experience first hand how an honest bar of chocolate tastes
- Ceramic workshop to learn about the craftsmanship behind the things we use on a daily basis.