CONNECT WITH YOURSELF, OTHERS AND THE WORLD AROUND YOU
Stories are a powerful way to connect with yourself and the outside world. The stories we hear and the stories we tell ourselves shape the reality we live in. Now more than ever we need to use the art of storytelling in order to tell the stories that really matter, to heal ourselves and to heal the world.
Stories of the Red Light District
Everyone thinks they know something about the Red Light District, but what happens if we let this neighborhood speak for itself? We all have different another vision of the city and experiencing it in a different way. It is precisely in these times
important to feel empathy for the other. Telling stories creates connection, you hear and understand other people’s perspective. A story can be captivating or funny, touching or sad, the most important thing is the meeting with the other. When a story is told well, the border disappears between the narrator and the listener and there is literally empathized. With the Jewish saying “An enemy is one whose story you don’t know” I started inviting various people from the Red Light District to tell their stories on a stage.
DO YOU WANT TO LEARN HOW TO FIND YOUR OWN STORY?
A good story is a gift to yourself and the world. I have given story telling workshops around the globe to residents, tour guides, lawyers or refugees. In this intensive 2,5 workshop you will receive powerful tools to improve your storytelling skills!
- Dive into yourself: By diving deeper into your story you dive deeper into yourself. You’ll require new insights while creating more understanding of your behaviour patterns, ancestral lines as well as social conditioning.
- Practice to listen: You will hear inspiring stories from Berber and fellow participants. Learn by listening and giving valuable feedback to others.
- Craft your story: You will receive profound feedback on the work you’ve done, be offered tools how to improve your storytelling skills and work with the healing power of stories to reflect on yourself and the world around you.
- Share your story: The work we do is holistic. The focus is on the process more than on the outcome. However, for those who want to experience how it is to share their well crafted story in front of an audience – you have the opportunity to share your story at one of our regularly happening storytelling events.
- Investment: €45 – €60 Euros. You decide. We trust.
- 2.5 hours
- Places limited, for bookings or more information please contact email@example.com
price: €45 - €60
What others say..
Berber has been working as a professional storyteller for the last seven years. She has an academic background in philosophy and law, did theater school in Brussels and attended the professional course of the Mezrab Storytelling school. She was taught by Sahand Sahabdevani & Farnoosh Farnia (Iran) Raphael Rodan (Israel) Tania Castro (Peru) and Leonardo Leon (Colombia). She performs in theaters, festivals, public events and regularly at the Mezrab (House of Stories).
For booking or more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org