red light district tour
beyond the curtains
Explore where our ideas around sex come from. We’ll look into the long history of sexual suppression, abuse and exploitation, and the complexities of prostitution. Besides all the regular information about the Red Light District we will share our pioneering vision for the future of this area with you. Ready to have a look beyond, not just behind, the curtains? It’s gonna be an eye (and mind) opening experience!
On this very special tour, we will provide you with a historical overview of the oldest and most controversial area in Amsterdam.
- In an inter active way, we will explore where our ideas around sex and sex work come from.
- The highlight of this tour will be a visit at MyRedLight, the first and so far only non-profit brothel in the Red Light District.
- In the safe space of a sex workers room we will discuss with you the complexities of prostitution.
- We are going to break down taboos around sexuality and intimacy and will share our pioneering vision for the future of this area with you.
- This tour gives back to the first non-profit brothel of Amsterdam ‘My Red Light’ that supports sex workers to create a more independent way of working.
Duration: 2 - 2.5 hours
from €150 (max 15 pax.)
Giving back to amsterdam
By asking communities how our tours can enrich and give back to the places we travel to, we create tours that help preserve the beauty and culture of Amsterdam.
The Beyond The Curtains Tour starts and finishes at the Upcycle store. We take a radically different approach by collecting waste that we upcycle to convert into souvenirs for you to take home.
Your tour Designer